JustHost have positioned themselves as a provider of cheap and user-oriented hosting services that encompass shared hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated hosting options. Their services are suitable for those in need of a simple, no-frills web hosting package that will help them establish a good web presence.
JustHost Company Overview
JustHost was founded in 2008, and acquired by the Endurance International Group in 2011, joining a large pool of EIG-owned budget hosting providers. JustHost distinguish themselves through their easy-to-use hosting services and a wide array of essential features included with each and every one of their plans.
JustHost Plans & Pricing
As a hosting provider, JustHost focuses on three types of hosting options – shared, VPS and dedicated.
Shared hosting plans come in three configurations with prices ranging from $3.66/month to $6.44/month. The Basic plans includes hosting for a single website, 50 GB website space, unmetered bandwidth, hosting for 5 email accounts with 500 MB space for each. The Plus plan, which costs $6.44/month (regular price $10.18/mo) allows hosting for 10 websites, includes 150 GB of website space, unmetered bandwidth, hosting for 100 email accounts with 500 MB per account, $150 in marketing offers, and 1 SpamExperts. The best shared hosting plan, the Prime plan, is now available at the same rate as the Plus plan, that is, for $6.44/month, however the regular rate for this plan is $13.89/mo. The plus plan is an unlimited plan that includes hosting for unlimited websites, unmetered disk space and bandwidth, hosting for unlimited email accounts with unlimited storage, $200 included in marketing offers, 1 Spam Experts, 1 Domain Privacy, and SiteBackup Pro.
VPS hosting packages also come in multiple configurations, and customers have the possibility to choose from 4 packages with prices ranging from $27.80/mo to $55.59/mo. All plans include CentOS 6.5, dedicated IPs (up to 2), and a free domain name. In terms of CPU, RAM, disk space, and bandwidth plans have the following configuration: Standard plan includes Dual Core CPU, 2 GB RAM, 30 GB disk space, and 1 TB/month traffic; the Enhanced plan (priced $27.79/mo) includes Dual Core CPU, 4 GB RAM, 60 GB disk space, 2 TB/month traffic; the Premium plan (priced $41.69/month) comes with Triple Core CPU, 6 GB RAM, 90 GB disk space, and 2 TB/month traffic; the Ultimate plan (priced $55.59/month) comes with Quad Core CPU, 8 GB RAM, 120 GB disk space, and 3 TB/month traffic.
Dedicated hosting plans are also featured in JustHost’s product offering with three distinct plans to meet different resource demands. Prices for dedicated hosting plans start at $74.13/month and go only as high as $111.19/month, and include up to 4 cores, 8 threads Intel® Xeon Processor, 8 MB cache, 16 GB RAM, 1000 GB (RAID 1) storage, 15 TB/month traffic, free domain name, up to 5 IP addresses, and CentOS 6.5.
JustHost Features & Value
JustHost’s hosting packages don’t come with a lot of bells and whistles, but they do include valuable features that expand over multimedia, eCommece, and marketing features.
Here is an overview of the features offered by JustHost:
- 1-click install of several website scripts (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, b2evolution, etc.);
- Free domain registration with all plans;
- Up to $200 advertising credit (Google AdWords & Yahoo/Bing);
- Free dedicated IPs with VPS and dedicated hosting plans;
- Free drag and drop site builder tool;
- 3 different webmail solutions;
- SSL secure servers;
- Choice of shopping carts (Zen Cart, Cube Cart, Agora, OS Commerce, etc.);
- Support for multiple databases and database servers (PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- cPanel control panel;
- FTP access, SSH access;
- SpamAssassin, hotlink protection, password protected directories;
- Audio-video streaming support;
- Courtesy site backups.
JustHost Customer Support
JustHost’s customer service is carried out through three support channels – live chat, ticketing system, and phone support. Customer service is available 24/7, and customers can access JustHost’s knowledge base as well for extensive information on various hosting related topics including a number of getting started guides and video tutorials designed for beginners. Customers report having a satisfactory overall experience with JustHost’s customer support.
Like many other budget hosting providers, JustHost has a 30-day money-back guarantee, offering a full refund if you cancel within 30 days, or a pro-rated refund if you cancel after 30 days.
JustHost Pros & Cons
JustHost manages to provide a wide array of features through affordable plans configured to meet various resource requirements and use cases.
Here are JustHost’s biggest pros:
- User friendly hosting service: JustHost strives to offer their clients user-friendly services by including one-click installs, cPanel and a site builder tool;
- Well-rounded customer support options: When you need help, JustHost’s support team is on stand-by to answer your queries via mail, live chat or phone support;
- Free domain registration with all plans: Most hosting providers include free domain registration only with their shared hosting options, JustHost on the other hand includes this feature with all their plans;
- Basic hosting options covered, therefore upgrades to higher tier plans are possible;
- Good money-back guarantee: JustHost lets you cancel your account at any time, promising a pro-rated refund if you cancel your account outside the 30-day money-back guarantee period.
Cons of JustHost include:
- Uptime issues: Unfortunately, uptime is not one of JustHost’s strengths and they lag behind many hosting providers that guarantee a 99.9% uptime. JustHost’s uptime is slightly below the industry standard being situated at around 99.8%;
- No managed WordPress hosting option: although they support one-click WordPress installation, WordPress optimized plans are not available at JustHost.
JustHost is a viable option both for beginners and advanced users. They offer good features at affordable prices, especially if you sign up with them for more years. They also have a good money-back guarantee package and customer service. If stellar uptime is absolutely indispensable for your business, you may want to check out the hosting services of providers like HostGator, InMotion Hosting or DreamHost.